Monday, April 28, 2014

Us Three by Mia Kerick

I’m going to start off with a totally unfounded confession.  I was a little apprehensive at the thought of starting this book.  I want to make it clear, it was never an issue as to whether or not I’d read it, as I dearly love Mia Kerick’s writing, but none the less I was a little nervous.  

Why, you ask?  In the past I’ve read a couple of menage books and they just weren’t for me.  However, and this is a HUGE HOWEVER, this book is unlike any I’ve read before and from the very beginning I fell in love with Casey, Nate, Zander and their story.

Ms. Kerick leads us on the journey of these three young men who attend school together, but who really have nothing to do with each other.  Their lives cannot be any more different than night is to day.  However, they do find that they have one thing in common, the love of each other.

This is a sweet story that made me feel like I was with these guys every step of the way, watching their friendship begin, grow, evolve and flourish into love. I can honestly say I was sad when I reached the end of the book, I would have liked for it to go on, and on, and on.


Thank you, Mia.  I love the sensitivity in which you wrote your young men and their story.  Several tough issues, that I believe kids face today, were highlighted in your story and you handled each one with love and grace.



My rating  ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

No comments:

Post a Comment