Friday, December 27, 2013

Breathing A Sigh of Relief

A lot of praying has been done.  Well wishes and good vibes continually sent.  Healing thoughts thunk.  (Yeah, I know….probably not a real word.)  

Today was a huge day in the life of authors and fiancés Eric Arvin and TJ Klune.  If you've read my previous blog post you know that Eric has had some health issues.  I'm not speaking out of turn as the guys have been open in keeping us updated with what's been going on.  Today Eric had surgery to remove a hemangioma from his brain stem.  

I cannot image how scared the two of them must have been. But, even though Eric was initially on a ventilator and then later switched to a traecheotomy he was able to get his feelings known about the possibility of a life saving surgery.  When Eric was able, he told TJ, "Let's go. Let's go. Let's go."  Thus started the mantra though out the viral world for the people who love and care for these two men. 

I know this is strange.  I've never met these two guys.  I've only read their books and followed their lives through their Facebook posts and homemade videos.  But, I feel as though they're friends.  No they don't know me from Adam, and that's okay.  I feel they have made an impact on my life.  The love they share is a tangible thing, we should all be so lucky.  I read about it and then watched it blossom.  I saw the video where TJ proposed marriage to Eric in October and cried right along with them.  

Anyway….back to the surgery. Those of us who know of these men, who are friends or just feel they are friends have been praying. A lot.  If not to God, then to whatever deity they believe in.  Asking, begging, cajoling for what might turn out to be a miracle.   The surgery started two hours late, poor guys.  Like they needed the extra time to think.  Although, I image those extra minutes together felt like a blessing.  TJ had informed us that the surgery may take 5 hours.  I had been saying prayers all along for his surgeon and medical professionals, too.  For the God I believe in guide their hands and actions.  

Word came from TJ tonight, via Facebook, that the surgery was over and the surgeon said he believed was able to remove the WHOLE hemangioma from Eric's brain stem.  Oh, thank you Jesus.  I don't know what kind of recovery and or therapy Eric has to face in the future, but I do know that the love of his life, TJ, will be there with him all the way.  I know that all of us will continue to pray, this time for continued healing.  

Eric and TJ, you are loved and supported by many.

No comments:

Post a Comment